The first article in this series on food and mood explains the chemical basis for how food affects our mood. In this article, we’ll talk more about specific foods and eating habits that affect your mood and the burgeoning field of Nutritional Psychology.
With so many industries squeezed for talent and workers turning to the freelance life in droves, more companies should consider the value of outsourced services. Outsourcing gives companies access to the knowledge of the best and brightest in a variety of fields.
[Read More …]
This Fitness CEO is Revolutionizing the Franchise Industry Just By Caring More
Innovation is placed on a pedestal by unicorn-entrepreneurs. But here’s the irony – many unicorn-entrepreneurs promoting innovation mostly succeeded not with first-mover innovations, but by imitating and skilled execution. Innovation without execution skills makes others wealthy – ask Zuckerberg.
[Read More …]
Robert Barnes is the Country Manager – Asia Pacific for Higher Logic. He has held Chief Executive roles in Australia and New Zealand over a 20 year period including CEO of Australian Canoeing and GM-Operations for Fitness Australia.
What you’ll learn
- What does the term engagement really mean?
- Where to start looking for solutions to achieve engagement
- What’s wrong with using Facebook or social platforms to engage with your customers?
- Ways to improve member engagement
- 00:31 Thank you to our podcast partner Precor
- 01:12 Introducing this weeks guest Robert Barnes
- 01:31 Robert will be speaking at the Fitness Industry Technology Summit: use the code active to save $100 on registration
- 02:45 Message from our podcast partner Precor
- 03:59 What does the term engagement really mean?
- 05.50 Where to start looking for solutions to achieve engagement
- 13:15 What’s wrong with using Facebook or social platforms to engage with your customers
- 19:46 How does an omnichannel approach mean to member engagement
- 22:20 An out of industry example of a great omnichannel approach
- 25:09 What is the process involved in a strong onmichannel approach
- 30:40 Message from our podcast partner Gym Sales
- 31:10 Ways to improve member engagement
- 32:50 Robert will be speaking at the Fitness Industry Technology Summit: use the code active to save $100 on registration
- 35:45 Message from our podcast partner Team Rock Star Fit
- 36:10 Precor Quick Fire Five with Dori Nugent
- 39:20 Message from our foundation partner Active Management
Precor Quick Fire Five Guest, Dori Nugent
Resources our experts shared in the show
Book recommended by Dori Nugent – Extreme Ownership
During the last 25 years, we’ve certified over 110,000 professionals. To celebrate, we’ve selected 25 grads to showcase. Meet our next featured grad, Amilia Brady, an AFPA Holistic Nutritionist, an inspiring mom who reinvented her career path and built her own business.
The technology behind crypto currencies like Bitcoin might present a bigger opportunity. Blockchain is a powerful peer-to-peer technology that might just be a bigger reward to entrepreneurs and investors.
[Read More …]