Greta Wagner is the Executive Director and Senior Vice President at Chelsea Piers Connecticut.
Chelsea Piers is a premiere sports and entertainment complex with locations in New York City, Brooklyn, and Stamford.
As the Executive Director/EVP of Connecticut, Greta is responsible for the leadership, development, and financial success of the 500,000+ square foot Stamford facility. She has been in the fitness industry for over 30 years.
Greta is a board member for the Chelsea Piers Scholarship Fund and the Stamford School of Ballet and supports over 25 additional charitable organizations and as you will hear later in the show, she is also one of the panelists for the 2019 IHRSA Womens Leadership Summit.
What you’ll learn
- Essentials in on-boarding new employee
- Professional development insights and advice
- Tips for building a successful career in fitness
- 00:01 In this weeks episode
- 00:51 Thank you to our podcast partner Tribe Team Training
- 01:45 And the winner of the BOSE Quiet Comfort Headphones is………
- 02:51 Introducing this weeks guest, Greta Wagner
- 03:57 Message from our podcast partner Tribe Team Training
- 04:31 What are the ingredients to a long and successful career in fitness
- 04:53 What should a new team member onboarding process look like
- 07:50 What are the most important steps during the onboarding process
- 13:10 Mini re-cap of the three main phases of the onboarding process
- 15:36 The Chelsea Piers Annual Games
- 18:02 Professional development insights and advice
- 22:04 Message from our friends at Gym Sales
- 22:46 Tips for building a successful career in fitness
- 23:28 IHRSA Womens Leadership Summit
- 25:06 Message from our podcast partner One Fit Stop
- 25:35 Precor Quick Fire Five with Tim Lyons
- 29:01 Thanks to our foundation partner Active Management. Join the Active Management Community.
Resources Our Experts Shared in the Show
Recommended by Tim Lyons
Throwback Show This Week
Precor Quick Fire Five, Tim Lyons